Since the changes from previous version are too much to be listed I decided to create a new thread to post the new compatibility in ePSXe v.1.7.0.
And since i got different issue with the old "New ePSXe v.1.7.0 compatibility list thread" specially since the users keep posting in that thread instead of the one that i created to post the compatibility issues this new ePSXe v.1.7.0 compatibility list thread is a "closed thread", that means that any post that is posted here will be moved to other places on the board so if you want to report your compatibility test use this thread:
http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=32897 so please use this thread to check games compatibility.
Sorry for the troubles but is easier to update the thread this way.
I'll be adding games so keep looking this thread.
9-October-2011 7:30 AM CET
This is the DEFAULT CONFIGURATION (use other at your own risk):
SPECIAL COMMANDS: (needed for some games)- Cdrom: Internal cdrom plugin
- Video: Pete Opengl v29 (if you can use it, use this one is the most compatible and best looking one) for the configuration check the Playstation Datacenter:
Other useful plugins are:
- Pete opengl 177
- Peops Soft Driver v118
My Opengl v.2.9 configuration is made for a Pentium Intel Core 2 Quad with a Geforce 8600 (512MB) so if is slow for you reduce the filters in the plugins. press the key supr to see how many frames the plugin is giving you.
- Audio: Internal ePSXe plugin. The best one right now. If some games got issues please report them in the report bugs thread:
- Controller: You have the redefine the pad since is not the same configuration that was used in ePSXe v160. I recommend the dualshock controller, works with most of the games.
KNOWN BUGS: (needed for some games)- -i: This runs the emulator in the most compatible mode, is slower in old pcs. To use this command execute in windows the path of the emulator, for example if you got epsxe170 installed in c:\epsxe170 to run this command you have to execute this way: c:\epsxe170\epsxe.exe -i The emulator is now launched and you can run the iso or the cd the usual way.
- The changing disc is a known bug of epsxe 170 cdrom plugin in most of the games, just use another cdrom plugin (like Pe Ops cdrdriver v.1.4, Sapu cdrom plugin, etc) for games with more than one cd.
- Some audio tracks in some games are not supported check each game entry for more info. In windows vista the audio tracks in previous versions of the emulator are not supported so if a specific game got an audio track not supported in epsxe v170 you will have to use another emulator for that game.
If you want to report your compatibility test use this thread:
Thanks for your help.