+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member DarXide is on a distinguished road DarXide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy Having trouble burning Dreamcast games with DJ 6

    I'm not sure if this is the correct section but if it isn't, please move it to the correct section.

    Well I haven't had issues with DiscJuggler 6 until now. For some odd reason DJ 6 isn't burning the image completely on the blank CD-R discs now. It keeps telling me that it needs a second blank disc to finish the burning the image.

    At first I thought it was just the game CDI image that was too big to fit on the disc but all the disc images are under 700MB so I really don't see what's causing the burning session to continue onto a second burning session. Is this an issue with DJ 6 or is there something I'm doing wrong before burning the image?

    The way I burn an CDI image is I start a new "Create new DVD's" session then I browse for the cdi image i'm going to burn.

    After that I go to the advanced tab and put mode on "Mode 1/DVD" and set TOC to "CD-ROM/DVD".

    Then in the misc. section, I check RAW write and Overburn Disc and then just start the burning session but right at the end before it finishes burning the game, it asks me if I want to put in the a second disc to finish burning the session but I just hit cancel because that would just waste another disc.

    What I did notice is that in the Source & Destination tab is that in the source area it says something like "xeal.cjb.net, 2 session(s), 2 track(s), 66:06:18 MSF". I'm not sure if that right there hints that it's telling me the image is going to need two sessions but why? When the image is big enough just to fit on one disc.

    I'm sorry for the long first post of mine but I hope you guys can help a brotha out. Also don't know if this makes any difference but I use Memorex 700MB, 80 min, CD-R discs to burn my Dreamcast games.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Super Moderator cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO! cOcO!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    | ( ◡)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ).
    Posts
    3,361
    No, it wasn't the correct section. Use alcohol 120% to burn.

    Spoiler

  3. #3
    Junior Member DarXide is on a distinguished road DarXide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6
    Alcohol 120% can burn .CDI images correctly? I thought DJ was the only program that could do that. Is there a guide somewhere on the forum that shows the steps on how to burn .CDI images correctly with Alcohol 120%?

  4. #4
    Stroke The Goat SnesOrama Supporter Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    Alcohol 120% can burn .CDI images correctly? I thought DJ was the only program that could do that. Is there a guide somewhere on the forum that shows the steps on how to burn .CDI images correctly with Alcohol 120%?
    Using Alcohol 120%, burn using RAW/DAO and burn as slow as possible.

    Credit to Zorlon of EP for the following info:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 now can burn cdi images (DiscJuggler)

    You require the PfcToc.dll to be in the install folder of ImgBurn.
    Attachment 11230

    ImgBurn can be acquired from here the official ImgBurn site

    ImgBurn was great anyway for so many console burning needs, now it covers Dreamcast, not only cdi but also via multi sessions with cue sheets (e.g. cue+bin or cue+img)

  5. #5
    Junior Member DarXide is on a distinguished road DarXide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6
    Well I did what you told me Jackhammer, but I also got a similar error with Alcohol 120%. I really don't know what I could be doing wrong. It pisses me off because I burned the 3-disc set of Shenmue right before I started having the issue.

  6. #6
    Stroke The Goat SnesOrama Supporter Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer Jackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    925
    The 2 sessions you mention is a selfboot image. Do all your DC burns fail, or just this particular one? Some games are too large to fit on a regular cd, iirc, you can get 90 minute cds to get around this.

  7. #7
    Junior Member DarXide is on a distinguished road DarXide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6
    Yes, right after I successfully burned the last Dreamcast game (Shenmue) I started having issues with the DC burns failing. It just isn't with one particular .cdi image, it's with all the ones I try now. I even attempted at burning Shenmue again and even that failed on me. I could take a screenshot of what the issue I'm having is so that could maybe help so you guys could help me better.
    Last edited by DarXide; 05-16-2011 at 11:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Superrayman3 will become famous soon enough
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    Well I haven't had issues with DiscJuggler 6 until now. For some odd reason DJ 6 isn't burning the image completely on the blank CD-R discs now. It keeps telling me that it needs a second blank disc to finish the burning the image.
    that is odd unless the data exceeds 80-mins

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    At first I thought it was just the game CDI image that was too big to fit on the disc but all the disc images are under 700MB so I really don't see what's causing the burning session to continue onto a second burning session. Is this an issue with DJ 6 or is there something I'm doing wrong before burning the image?
    IDK what the problem is DJ never does that to me (but I use v4.2) but it might be a bug with DJ itself

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    The way I burn an CDI image is I start a new "Create new DVD's" session then I browse for the cdi image i'm going to burn.
    why do you create new DVD's session? you need to be selecting Burn CD/DVD images

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    After that I go to the advanced tab and put mode on "Mode 1/DVD" and set TOC to "CD-ROM/DVD".
    most dreamcast games that are in CDI format the mode have to be set to Mode 2 Block needs to be 2352 and the offset needs to be 0. the TOC needs to be CD-DA (or CD-XA in some cases like with bleemcast)

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    Then in the misc. section, I check RAW write and Overburn Disc and then just start the burning session but right at the end before it finishes burning the game, it asks me if I want to put in the a second disc to finish burning the session but I just hit cancel because that would just waste another disc.
    first off do you have add post-gap to 3rd party images checked?
    second do not use overburn unless the data exceeds 80-mins' but do keep RAW write cheked it also doesn't hurt to burn at the slowest speed possible

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    What I did notice is that in the Source & Destination tab is that in the source area it says something like "xeal.cjb.net, 2 session(s), 2 track(s), 66:06:18 MSF". I'm not sure if that right there hints that it's telling me the image is going to need two sessions but why? When the image is big enough just to fit on one disc.
    ignore the 2 sessions part that just means that the disk image has 2 different sessions of data (the 1st session is the selfboot code "and cdda if the game uses it" and the 2nd session is the game data itself) the 2 tracks part is just another name for the 2 sessions (track 1 is the 1st session track 2 is the 2nd session the only time the tracks will be more than 2 is if the game has multiple CDDA tracks) the 66:06:18 MSF is the total amount of time the image will take up on the disk in this case you have more than enough space to burn everything on a single disk.

    Quote Originally Posted by DarXide View Post
    Also don't know if this makes any difference but I use Memorex 700MB, 80 min, CD-R discs to burn my Dreamcast games.
    Memorex cd's are shit when it comes to burning dreamcast games (burned 10 games on those success rate 0) try using TDK, Sony, Maxell, or Philips brand cds to burn dreamcast games. also you burner might've kicked the bucket so that might be the problem

    hope this helps
    The Legacy of Dreamcast Lives Forever

  9. #9
    Dreamcaster SnesOrama Supporter dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab dreamer cab's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    WI ASU
    Posts
    1,185

    Wink

    I have a buddy that had problems burning w/DJ6, only about 50% worked.
    Try using an older version of DJ or A120%.
    If you like any posts, or they help you please give REP by clicking the or in the right hand corner!!
    Click if you want to say thanks. Enjoy the games!!

    DREAMCAST...It's Still Thinking!

    Life is short...PLAY HARD!

  10. #10
    Junior Member DarXide is on a distinguished road DarXide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3
    that is odd unless the data exceeds 80-mins
    Yeah, it's really odd so I don't know :/

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman
    IDK what the problem is DJ never does that to me (but I use v4.2) but it might be a bug with DJ itself
    Its never done it to me in the past when I used to burn Dreamcast games back like 2 years ago but suddenly and randomly starts doing it to me now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3
    why do you create new DVD's session? you need to be selecting Burn CD/DVD images
    Only reason I was selecting "create new DVD" session was because I didn't see that option on DJ6 to "burn new CD/DVD image" but the "create new DVD" is what I had used to burn the Shenmue games and they burned just fine using that option.

    most dreamcast games that are in CDI format the mode have to be set to Mode 2 Block needs to be 2352 and the offset needs to be 0. the TOC needs to be CD-DA (or CD-XA in some cases like with bleemcast)
    Oh really? The guide I used to burn dreamcast games "correctly" was off this one site that I had found by googling. I had tried finding to find a more up-to-date guide here on snesorama but the search function turned up nothing. I'll be sure to try this to see if this works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3
    first off do you have add post-gap to 3rd party images checked?
    second do not use overburn unless the data exceeds 80-mins' but do keep RAW write cheked it also doesn't hurt to burn at the slowest speed possible
    No I had it clicked off because that guide that I mentioned up above, didn't mention anything about having it checked but I'll make sure to have it checked next time around when I attempt another burn. I also had overburn checked because of the guide I used. Only thing the guide got right was having RAW write checked lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3
    ignore the 2 sessions part that just means that the disk image has 2 different sessions of data (the 1st session is the selfboot code "and cdda if the game uses it" and the 2nd session is the game data itself) the 2 tracks part is just another name for the 2 sessions (track 1 is the 1st session track 2 is the 2nd session the only time the tracks will be more than 2 is if the game has multiple CDDA tracks) the 66:06:18 MSF is the total amount of time the image will take up on the disk in this case you have more than enough space to burn everything on a single disk.
    Alright, I'll make sure to ignore it this time around.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superrayman3
    Memorex cd's are shit when it comes to burning dreamcast games (burned 10 games on those success rate 0) try using TDK, Sony, Maxell, or Philips brand cds to burn dreamcast games. also you burner might've kicked the bucket so that might be the problem
    I dunno man, I've burned about 12 dreamcast games with the Memorex CD-R discs in the past and I had a success rate of 100% up until now but I'll make sure to pick up one of the brands you mentioned.

    If DJ6 doesn't keep working for me, could you give a direct link to the one you're currently using? Also, I did try burning dreamcast games on Alcohol 120% but they also failed like they did on DI6

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Free counter and web stats